Our team understands that one of the critical components of a successful transition is the evaluation of transfer credits. In our effort to maximize your time and enhance your academic experience here at FIU, we have carefully outlined our equivalency process below.
Before beginning this process:
- An AA degree from a Florida Public institution automatically satisfies the UCC requirements, as well as a Bachelor's Degree from any regionally accredited institution.
- Check your PDA since most or all of your credits may have already been evaluated for the UCC.
- Register for and attend Transfer Orientation. As an attendee your transfer credits will be evaluated and you will receive an ‘updated’ PDA. You will also have the opportunity to meet with an academic advisor.
Three Easy steps to getting your credits evaluated!
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor through your Student Dashboard at My FIU.
- Gather and provide official course descriptions from the catalog of the college/university from which you are transferring.
- If the course description was taken from a website, please include the complete URL (web address).
- The Transfer office and/or Advisor may request syllabi in addition to official course descriptions.
- Course descriptions and/or syllabi from non-English speaking countries must be officially translated (certified translator or translating agency). Translations must be accompanied by original descriptions and/or syllabi in the native language.
- Currently TTS may complete initial course reviews using official syllabi/outlines in the following languages: Spanish, French, Portuguese. We reserve the right to later request certified translations for some or all courses when necessary.
- Follow-up on your equivalencies by (a) checking an updated PDA or (b) meeting with your academic advisor.
- Allow 2 weeks for National evaluations, and 3 weeks for International.