Transfer & Transition Services is committed to becoming the academic hub for transfer related needs and resources!
We are devoted to facilitating the delivery of academic transfer services while disseminating pertinent information regarding the needs and challenges of transfer students. As such, our goals are to:
- Strengthen and promote effective transfer policies and procedures
- Eliminate superfluous barriers to seamless and successful transition through research, evaluation, and collaboration
- Secure the initial academic support necessary for the transfer student’s ultimate success as a member of the FIU community.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Building fair and consistent transfer course equivalency rules and procedures
- Promoting and advocating “transfer friendly” policies in line with both national and institutional guidelines
- Collaborating with academic departments to guide and advise transfer students
- Staying current on national, State, and University policies that affect transfer students
- Assessing research on transfer trends and challenges, both locally and nationally
As an academic unit within Undergraduate Education, and working in tandem with Enrollment Services, the Academic Advising Center and University-wide faculty, we are committed to facilitating a seamless and successful academic transition for our transfer students. Our primary responsibility centers on the evaluation of transfer courses that meet University Core Curriculum (UCC) requirements. Our team is prepared to:
- Evaluate and process transfer courses that meet University Core Curriculum requirements, including, but not limited to, accelerated credits (e.g., AP, CAPE, CLEP, IB, and others), and military credits
- Approve (UCC) courses for transient students (local, national, and international institutions)
- Approve (UCC) courses for students in Education Abroad and National Student Exchange programs
- Assist with the advising of lower-division transfer students as well as prospective AA earners in the Dual Admission Program
- Facilitate the transfer process in conjunction with partner colleges and University offices such as Admissions, Orientation, Transfer Credit Processing Center (TCPC), and Academic Departments
- Produce and distribute transfer-related materials such as the MDC Transfer Guides, Dual Admission Brochure, the Transfer Report and more...