A Message from FIUs NSE Coordinator
To: Incoming NSE Students,
Greetings from Miami, Florida!
I am excited to welcome you to Florida International University. I look forward to having you join us for your exchange. I anticipate that your experience here will be valuable and rewarding.
It is your responsibility to become familiar with the incoming-student guide booklet, apply for on-campus housing and meal-plans so that you may make necessary arrangements. Please follow the instructions found on the incoming student guide booklet diligently! It includes very important information.
- As of April 1st, we should have received the following items from you:
- NSE Placement Acceptance Form (PAF)
- FIU Non-Degree Student Exchange Application
- Unofficial transcript from your Home Institution
- Immunization documents [Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B, and meningitis] – You will not have access to register until this requirement is satisfied with the University.
- By now, Fall 2016 registration should have been completed with a full-time schedule.. Please be reminded that the NSE program requires full-time enrollment during each exchange term (minimum 12 credit hours per term).
- If you are NOT enrolled FULL-TIME or if you HAVE NOT yet enrolled AT ALL, the registration system will remain available through August. Be reminded that course registration is based on availability. In the meantime, you should email ME any courses that require pre-requisite verification/approval. Please refer to the “Fall 2016 Registration Instructions & Dates.”
- In order to secure your exchange with FIU for FALL 2016/SPRING 2017, please complete the following requirements by JULY 1, 2016:
- Domestic (USA) Students: Proof of Health Insurance showing that you are enrolled in a health insurance plan and that you will be covered while on exchange at FIU, is required. This may be a copy of an insurance card or a letter from an insurance carrier. Please send this information directly to me by July 1, 2016.
- If you are an International Student with an F-1 visa coming from another U.S. state, Please click here for specific instructions. If you are a Canadian Student, please click here for specific instructions.
- Program Fee: We have program events each term which will expose you to the exciting and beautiful South Florida region. There is a required non-refundable $80.00 charge for this whether you attend one or two terms at FIU. Please make your payment by Cashier's check or Money-order, payable to FIU/NSE and include it with your mailings to me. NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED! International/Canadian checks or money-orders must be drawn from a U.S. bank; otherwise your payment will NOT be accepted.
- Waiver of Liability & Hold Harmless Form: Sign, date and return the Waiver of Liability and Hold-Harmless Form directly to me. We must have this form on record for you in order for you to be eligible to participate in FIU/NSE activities.
- On-Campus Housing is limited and cannot be guaranteed! Please apply by our given deadlines. The housing optiona and rental rates can be found at the following web links:
- If you are a CANADIAN NSE STUDENT, please click here for further instructions
Jamie S. Perez, Coordinator
Florida International University
Modesto A. Maidique Campus, SASC 402
11200 SW 8th Street
Miami, FL 33199
Office: (305) 348-1292
Fax: (305) 348-7265